MY DISHES WENT UNWASHED TODAY , I DIDN'T MAKE MY BED. . . IN TWENTY YEARS NO ONE ON EARTH WILL KNOW OR EVEN CARE . BUT THAT I'VE HELPED MY CHILDREN TO ADULTHOOD GROW , IN TWENTY YEARS THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD WILL LOOK AND SEE AND KNOW .

A Blog for Nonnie

From all of us,We love you!

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Catchin' Up

Hey all my babies!
Kate, Monkey and I had a fine ol' time in Nawlins (New Orleans) - had the best-by-far gumbo of my entire life! AND, we had these yummy delicious mouth watering crab-stuffed jalepenos that I'm now trying to re-create. AND, I trapesed (is that a word?) around the French Quarter until I found the St. Peters Guest House - still there, basically unchanged - which is where your dad and I spent our honeymoon 28 years ago! The folks there were tickled that I stopped in, and said if I will e-mail them a picture of the bed we stayed in (well, the room, but the rooms were priced by how old the antique bed was - ours was high dollar - a Louis the 14th canoply bed - original stuff) they'll see if they still have it and we can book the room again for a return visit!
Okay, Rox, Guam does look like a beautiful place, and it would be great to visit there -- but I'm really enjoying getting to see you all more often than once a year! I'm a whiner, I know, but those babies (the big ones and the little ones) grow up so fast, and I don't want to miss it. But, where ever you go, we're still a family, and we're still close, and no amount of miles can change that. (but I'd be lying if I said I haven't enjoyed you being closer to home!)
Brannon and Milah - I like the "Charli" spelling (no e) - a little more girly, seems right for a baby girl. I'm mailing some things down for the August 16th shower -- Roxie, maybe you and your girls (doesn't that sound nice, "girls") could go?
Well, gotta get to bed -- I love you all, and glad you're mine!
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment