MY DISHES WENT UNWASHED TODAY , I DIDN'T MAKE MY BED. . . IN TWENTY YEARS NO ONE ON EARTH WILL KNOW OR EVEN CARE . BUT THAT I'VE HELPED MY CHILDREN TO ADULTHOOD GROW , IN TWENTY YEARS THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD WILL LOOK AND SEE AND KNOW .

A Blog for Nonnie

From all of us,We love you!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Perfectly Random Wreath



This is a wreath I have been working on to go over my desk. Well , really I made it to enter in a yarn contest, but it will go perfectly over my desk. It is pretty big (18 in across ) and took me about 2 months to complete, because; #1. I have a slight case of OCD ( your shocked right) and i was having a hard time just making the flowers. My goal was to not use a pattern and just make up each stitch as I went. I was going for that " perfect- random" look. #2. There are these 4 kids that live in my house that think they have to eat like EVERY DAY. Not sure where they got that absurd idea. and #3. I have a procrastination issue to go along with my OCD issue. Strange combo I know, but I'm sure I have both!

I also learned a tiny bit about taking photos indoors. Probably won't win the contest, but It will be Ok cause I have something nice to hang over my desk that i wouldn't normally have spent the time or energy to make.

In completely different news, Briceson potty training is in full swing. Wile at Old Navy last night he began to holler " I need to go peepee!" I quietly reminded him he was wearing a diaper, and he very loudly told me " I don't wana peepee in my diaper" , so I'm guessing here but I think he is"ready" . He has worn a pull up all day and kept it dry. He even got down from dinner and went to the bathroom all on his own. We will see. EveyLynn insisted on wearing a pull-up too and it was wet with in 10 min. : b

As i was typing that last part he came over to tell me in a very straining type voice that he was going to poop, but he was just going to "do it in my pull-up. OK Momma?" Let the potty training fun began!

Love you all

5 comments:

  1. Tell Briceson his Nonnie is very pround of him for being such a big boy! And tell June Bug we love her too, wet diapers and all! -- as for the wreath - it's quite exquisite! The flowers are very craftsman - I'd love to have some of those flowers, say in an arched swag to hang above a door.....just in case you're of a mind to have another go at it! -- Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the wreath is fantastic! I especially love the flowers in all their perfectly random goodness! However, because I refuse to encourage your strange need for old ladies to accept you into the inner sanctums of their crochet circles through your blue ribbon fame, and because I was a personal witness to you being a sore loser when the old biddies didn't honor you at the fair, I refuse to comment on your possibility of winning any prizes with your obviously extraordinary work this time, or any time in the future! I love you, but I just can't be a party to this type of sick behavior!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. rox... i love it! and i'm not the type to use my exclamations points freely so that is a real compliment. was your favorite part wrapping the yarn around the wreath? everyone thought i was crazy to wrap all that yarn around the "stage" in my thesis, but i really liked the process. just wondering if it ran in the family- some kind of special maestri home variety ocd. the flowers turned out beautiful.
    if you need some quick pointers on taking images of artwork, ummm you do have a sister with lots of experience and if you were to say send her some of the images she could probably photoshop them and make them real nice like for you.
    happy potty training.
    love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea Monkey! I just love that my children (no matter the miles that separate them)will find a way to rise to the needs of one another! Your Great Grandma Tanksley would be very proud of that quality - as am I. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool. I can use all the picture taking help I can get. I have taken about 3 good photos in my life & they were compleatly by accident. For the wreath I took about 50 shots with the flash on in front of a big picture window in my dining room, but I just wasn't likeing how the colors were comming out, then I turned the flash off and that did the trick. And yes my favorate part of this is wraping the yarn. Very calming, mindless activity. I keep looking for things around the house to cover in yarn. Old picture frames, jars, vases, hangers, toothbrushes. Well, maybe not the last one, could get yucky, but anyways. Or even BIGGER... Google "yarn graffiti" or "yarn bombing". I Like it. Not sure how legal this is, but very interesting. There are several of the piecse that reamind me a lot of Lin's work. In another time and another place I'm pretty sure this would be one of my hobby's. Well, as long as it was legal of course.

    ReplyDelete