MY DISHES WENT UNWASHED TODAY , I DIDN'T MAKE MY BED. . . IN TWENTY YEARS NO ONE ON EARTH WILL KNOW OR EVEN CARE . BUT THAT I'VE HELPED MY CHILDREN TO ADULTHOOD GROW , IN TWENTY YEARS THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD WILL LOOK AND SEE AND KNOW .

A Blog for Nonnie

From all of us,We love you!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Charli Jo turned O.N.E.

Well everyone ... the time has come for those long awaited photos of our sweet Charli Jo "Chuckles" turning one year old for your viewing pleasure. I deeply apologize for the super long wait but I know it was all worth it. Also a special thanks goes out to Roxie for getting me added to the blog as a contributer so I could make posts of my own. Thank you Rocket! I'm going to try my darndest to post here on a regular basis but with the moving situation and house remodeling situation I'm not making any promises.






On the morning of C.J.'s birthday I had to take a picture of her first thing waking up on her 1st Birthday. I felt sooo bad after I had done it and caught that "what are you thinking" look on her face but it was so worth it though. I can only imagine all the looks I'm going to get through out the years if I keep doing this. I guess we will have to wait and see.











Later on that day her daddy and I took her to play for the first time at the mall that we all went to to walk around at when we were waiting for her to make her special appearance one full year ago. We walked around window shopping, had lunch at Chick-Fil-A. Afterwared we took her to where she got to play in the mall's toddler play place with kids more her size and she was able to explore all on her own. I was really surprised to see how independent she already was when she
wouldn't let us help her do a thing except for help her up the steps at the slide.











There Charli Jo had made her first little friend all on her own. It was soo cute, she had made friends with this 20 month old little boy and they had played so well together until Charli started playing keep away with his sippy cup. Then the little boy had enough and wanted it back so they began a little game of tug of war over his sippy. She finally gave in and gave it back to him when she realized it wasn't hers. I just think the picture of the two fo them staring each other down while guzzling down there drinks is just adorable.



Charli seemed to of really had a ton of fun at the mall. Afterwards we stopped by Babies 'R Us and got her a new pair of jeans. When we got home Brannon pushed her up and down the street on her new Radio Flyer Tri-Cycle that was given to her she can't quite reach the pedals to yet. I think that for her that may have been more fun than playing at the play place at the mall.







As for Charli's Birthday Party we had rented a gazebo at Trinity Park in downtown Fort Worth next to the miniature train depot. We had a small gathering of local friends and family out for a picnic of burgers and hotdogs at the park. After we all ate we took a ride around the park on the train and Charli and all the kids had a great time. It was still on the hotside outside around then but we all toughed it out okay.


When we were done with the ride we came back to open presents and for Charli to have her first birthday cake. I had stayed up the night before making her a double layered strawberry cake with real strawberries in the middle and with white whipped icing. It had sliced strawberries decorated around the bottom with pink and red icing piped around the bottom and top. It was a great little cake even though as soon as we got to the park it melted within the first five minutes even with it sitting in the fridge over night. I didn't even get a chance to take a picture of how pretty it was. Thank goodness Charli was only turning one and not thirteen because she didn't even know the difference. At first she really didn't even know what to think about it. She just sat there and stared at it with this look on her face wondering what in the world she was supposed to do with this big blob of a thing sitting in front of her. Destiny had to help her with her first bite and after that she just picked at it a little bit here and there. I think it may have been too sticky for her liking. Either that or else she was in sugar shock from the first bite. Overall it turned out to be a good day at the park but I think next time we'll just stick to having a gathering either around the house or somewhere inside.

That's all for now folks. I've gotten more pics of Charli today here in Arkansas that I will have to post up next time. Until then we are Charli and I are headed bak to DFW tomorrow morning after visiting Brannon and everyone and working on the house. I think Brannon also took some pictures tha I'll have to get posted up to show ya'll the progress of how the house is going. Hope to see or hear from you all soon. Have a great rest of the week everybody and know that we love you all very much. xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. cant wait to see that little girl next time im in town, and her sister and two cousins and kinnley too. i feel like a get a 3 families for the price of 1 deal now for my trips home.

    ReplyDelete