MY DISHES WENT UNWASHED TODAY , I DIDN'T MAKE MY BED. . . IN TWENTY YEARS NO ONE ON EARTH WILL KNOW OR EVEN CARE . BUT THAT I'VE HELPED MY CHILDREN TO ADULTHOOD GROW , IN TWENTY YEARS THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD WILL LOOK AND SEE AND KNOW .

A Blog for Nonnie

From all of us,We love you!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

I might need to change my major to sculpture! Cody? Check out that art... really, get a good look, it will be melted by tomorrow! If you can't tell, this is an almost life-size snow sculpture of "Peaches", the baby woolly mammoth from the movie Ice Age, in my front yard. We got over a foot of snow last night/today, and Brant and I spent the WHOLE DAY playing in it! Oh yeah, the kids had fun too! It was perfect snow for building with, so I made Peaches and Brant built a really cool snow fort with a big cannon, but our camera (which is forever running out of batteries) only had enough juice for one picture. Peaches trumps fort with cannon. Unfortunately, it's supposed to rain tonight, and then be in the 50's tomorrow, so our foot of snow won't last long, but it was a lot of fun while it lasted!

7 comments:

  1. So....when you say " life sized" how does that work when it is a cartoon!?!?!?!Is it dependant on the size of the TV screen you viewed said cartoon on, or is it open to each viewers imagination! Cause I was thinking Peaches was pretty large, considering her gene pool! Could you go wake up one of your kids and set them on her back, so I may get a better idea of the size of said sculpture! I think she is pretty darn cool, but I may be WAY more impressed if I knew exaclty how big she was. You know what I mean???:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love my whacky kids! I promise you I am the ONLY mom here today (oh, hey, I am the only mom in the State of Arkansas, and perhaps the whole U.S.) who can say that her child spent the day building a baby wooly mammoth named "Peaches" in her yard this weekend, AND, whose other child requested that the babies be awakened so the size of the wooly mammoth could be better determined and appreciated! Love you all! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. To clarify, Peaches is roughly the size of a REAL baby elephant (which would be close to the size of a newborn woolly mammoth) in length and width, but is a little shorter than actual size. I cannot fulfill your wishes to see one of my children on her back because her ears have already begun to drip away this morning and I wouldn't want them to crush her. Face it Rox, it's impressive... Even if it did take me 5 hours to finish and will last for less than 24! I think Dad would refer to that as "time you'll never get back"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Dad might refer to it as "time you'll never get back", but Mom (who loves things like quotes from Alice in Wonderland) would refer to it as "time you'll never forget"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO, WOW that is pretty cool! On many levels; 1) because you can do this
    2) because you WANTED to do this
    3) because you know off the top of your head "roughly" how big a baby elephant is
    4) that you have waisted so many years in the child care/education field when you could have been doing THIS all along! :)
    I'm thinking you should invest in a chainsaw and a large block of ice and see what that leads to. :) You should send this to the local TX station and they just might feature it on there weather segment tonight. I'm sure it was the coolest yard snow art in town!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow kate you are quite the sculptor. that is huge. i keep thinking "what tools did she use to get all that texture". im a nerd maybe.
    you should take a ceramics class if you get a free elective somewhere in there.
    im glad you and brant chose to spend your snow day actually in the snow showing your babies how to have fun. those are the memories that really stick.
    love you all and jealous for your snow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindz, to entertain your curiosity, I sculpted Peaches using only a kids plastic sand shovel and both ends of a spoon from my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete