MY DISHES WENT UNWASHED TODAY , I DIDN'T MAKE MY BED. . . IN TWENTY YEARS NO ONE ON EARTH WILL KNOW OR EVEN CARE . BUT THAT I'VE HELPED MY CHILDREN TO ADULTHOOD GROW , IN TWENTY YEARS THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD WILL LOOK AND SEE AND KNOW .

A Blog for Nonnie

From all of us,We love you!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Names

I'm thinking maybe the spelling of the name is not so terribly important - people have overcome all sorts of "bad" names and have grown up to be wonderful and loving people, despite their name (i.e., "Fairy June" (which I believe is actually mispelled on her birth certificate as "Fairly"!). "Brison", because there's no "e" to make the"i" a long "i", might easily be mispronounced with a short "i", which would rhyme with prison - not so good! Briceson does look odd, but at least there's no mistaking how to pronounce it, so that could be a plus. Is Bryson a choice? That's a pretty typical spelling I think. But, bottom line, whether you leave it as is or change it up a bit, he's going to grow up loved and nurtured and cared for - and we'll just keep calling him by whatever silly, loveable little names we come up with! -- I love you! - Nonnie

1 comment:

  1. I thought of the prison thing yesterday. That is no good. The thing with Briceson is that you have the "s" sound twice. So it is spelled more like Brice-SON, or I always get the Brice's son feeling when I look at it. And There aint no daddy Brice here. Bryson and Bricen are the two typical spellings for it. I think the y looke to girly. I like Bricen, but Daniel likes the son ending better. I know there are like a million more important things going on in the world right now, and I'm sure when it is all said and done no one will ever care, we just want to make sure we don't mess it up. I think I am leaning more towards leaving it the way he came. No one has ever mispronounced it, but everyone mispells it, which isn't that big of a deal. Every one always mispells my name, but they always say it correctly. Poor Evey, no one ever gets hers right at all. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete