MY DISHES WENT UNWASHED TODAY , I DIDN'T MAKE MY BED. . . IN TWENTY YEARS NO ONE ON EARTH WILL KNOW OR EVEN CARE . BUT THAT I'VE HELPED MY CHILDREN TO ADULTHOOD GROW , IN TWENTY YEARS THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD WILL LOOK AND SEE AND KNOW .

A Blog for Nonnie

From all of us,We love you!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Joy of Motherhood

At three years old, Owen is inarguably the messiest child every born! He can make a mess out of anything! Nevermind the fact that instead of drawing with markers Owen would rather bite the end off, take out the ink-filled center, get it all over his hands, and then rub it on the table (the red finger streaks that resemble something out of a horror film remain permanent). That is actually a mild example. You should see him eat a biscuit, or pop-tarts, which have now been ban in our house thanks to Owen. I'm sure some of it has to do with the fact that he has entirely too much freedom within the house, but I really think part of it is just bread into him. I'm certain he gets it from Brant, I might add. So... all of this is leading up to the story of the potatoe soup! We had potatoe soup for dinner. Owen ate potatoe soup. I was proud, he ate pretty good, and did not make an incredibly large mess. That is untill it came time to get down from the table, a which time his hand hit the edge of the plate his bowl of soup was sitting on. I watched helplessly as a wide trail of potatoe soup splattered from the kitchen into the living room, spraying the table, the floor, and the curtain on the back door, not to mention anything else it came in contact with along the way! Messiest child ever born! Ahh...the joy of motherhood!

2 comments:

  1. The sad, sad thing is I have watched this exact thing and manny more for 7 years. Not a day goes by that Isaiah doesn't spill something. In fact we have started calling it an " Isaiah" any time someone else spills, drops, or accidently messes up something. The other day I spilled my coffee, then missed the sippy cup i was trying to pour milk into, and then that evening I spilled somehting at dinner. He ( Isaiah) looked at me and said, "I'm sure glad its been you today and not me" Poor baby, probably gets tired of always being the messy one. He keeps his room emaculant, but can't cary his own cup to the dinner table. I think maybe it is a liquids thing. Hes not clumsy. He does have a finger foods eating disorder. He does fine with a fork, but give the boy a hamburger or taco, and Oh Man! It would be comical if it were someone elses kid. I wonder if they have a Shrink that could help him with that.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry for the spelling! no spel chek on comments! too bade for me! HeHe!:)

    ReplyDelete