MY DISHES WENT UNWASHED TODAY , I DIDN'T MAKE MY BED. . . IN TWENTY YEARS NO ONE ON EARTH WILL KNOW OR EVEN CARE . BUT THAT I'VE HELPED MY CHILDREN TO ADULTHOOD GROW , IN TWENTY YEARS THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD WILL LOOK AND SEE AND KNOW .

A Blog for Nonnie

From all of us,We love you!

Friday, May 15, 2009

EveyLynn's Surgery

This is Evey and I at 6:30AM waiting on the Dr. to arrive, which didn't happen till 7:15. By this point she was royally hacked off cause I wouldn't let hare have food or drink. She kept pointing to the diaper bag and hollering. Funny! Real Funny! Tip for the day: Never get between a chubby girl and her breakfast. I'm just saying.....
This is the anesthesiologist carrying her back to the OR. She was more than happy to go with him by this point since she was mad at me over the no food and drink thing. Him and the two nurses argued over who was going to get to carry her in. I think he pulled rank on them.
This is Evey about 3 min  after the surgery. They had warned me that most babies wake up very fussy and confused. Oh no. Not EveyLynn. When I got back to recovery there was 1 surgen and two nurses on one side of the bed and the anesthesiologist, another surgen ( not hers) and a nurse on the other side of the bed and Evey was crawling around the bed taking turns putting the oxygen mask on each one of them. Of course they scattered when I grabbed the camera, but here she is with the two remaining nurses. I wonder if she wasn't upset cause she lives in a constant state of confusion, so the drugged feeling didn't bother her? She also had no clue who I was when I came in. I thought she would reach for me,but no. I was just another patient of hers needing oxygen.
This is us about 20 min. after she woke up. She woke up hungry and thirsty, but was having trouble getting any juice from her sippy cause her mouth was numb. It was funny to watch her try. She was fine till they had to remove the IV in her foot. It pretty much went down hill from here. She cryed off and on with out any rhyme or reason till they wheeled us to the door and dumped us at the curb. 
And this was the tail end of the very long nap she took when we got home. She woke from this nap as if nothing strange had happened. Not fussy or anything. She does have quite the bruse on her foot from the IV, and three sticks on her hand from where they tried to start an IV there. but other than that she is all back to normal. I have been trying to get her to stick her toung out,but she won't. It will probably be a few days till she figures out she can. The surgen had originally said she was only moderately tongue tied when he examined her in the office, but after the surgery he said it was pretty suaver, and she had no movement of her tongue past her teeth in any direction. I guess when it is this bad they usually have trouble eating, but again Not Evey. She has the thigh rolls to prove she can eat just fine. Now hopefully she will start talking any day! Or maybe not. Maybe mommy needs a few more weeks of quiet before they both start saying what I'm sure will be there 1st word! NO!

No comments:

Post a Comment