MY DISHES WENT UNWASHED TODAY , I DIDN'T MAKE MY BED. . . IN TWENTY YEARS NO ONE ON EARTH WILL KNOW OR EVEN CARE . BUT THAT I'VE HELPED MY CHILDREN TO ADULTHOOD GROW , IN TWENTY YEARS THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD WILL LOOK AND SEE AND KNOW .

A Blog for Nonnie

From all of us,We love you!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

31 Years of Mom & Dad

"Don't you know that it's your laugh,
we laugh and it pulls us through.
And the strength and the love that we carry,
we got it from you."
                                         -The Be Good Tonyas


Through times of happy and sad, you have always been our parents.  Even on the worst of days, we know that as longs as dad is putting things on his head to make us giggle and mom is laughing with us in the kitchen, we will get through it.  And we just wanted to say thank you for that.

We love you.

Love,
All your children

5 comments:

  1. Thank you all for being the loving children that you are, for foregiving the years of dysfunction, for your patience with one another....and for your laughter. Kitchen floor laughter. Milk through your nose laughter. Grandma Faye laughter. It was the glue that helped the love stick when life seemed upside down.

    Thanks again for the Blog, it was a very special gift, and thanks for your post - it was a nice ending to a lovely anniversary! We love you. Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom and Dad... I know sometimes we get caught up in life's race that we forget to slow down long enough to say "Thanks" for all you've done for us.

      This is especially true for me and my family. Milah and myself will always be extremely grateful for all you've done for us, and contrary to what the other siblings might say, living next to guys has been nothing short of a blessing (love you sisters!). Moving our family here so that our children could grow up in the big family environment that I was lucky enough to be apart of was Absolutly the right choice. Love you guys and look forward to the next thirty years.

      Delete
  2. Our family's laughter is still the glue that make my life stick when it seems upside down. My siblings are my best friends, always understanding, always with stories to make my day better. And our parents are always and forever on our side, which is what we need when we need them the most.
    I could not imagine any greater gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just hope all of you remember these things when we get old and pee on your couches! Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahahahahaha... I almost peed on my couch when I read this!!!!

    ReplyDelete