MY DISHES WENT UNWASHED TODAY , I DIDN'T MAKE MY BED. . . IN TWENTY YEARS NO ONE ON EARTH WILL KNOW OR EVEN CARE . BUT THAT I'VE HELPED MY CHILDREN TO ADULTHOOD GROW , IN TWENTY YEARS THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD WILL LOOK AND SEE AND KNOW .

A Blog for Nonnie

From all of us,We love you!

Monday, August 1, 2011

"Mom's Kitchen Floor" laughter

Katie's story and pics of the kids in their "not beds" had me laughing! And Lindsey's reference to "Mom's kitchen floor laughing" took me back years, and years. First to recent times with the four of us (me, Roxie, Lindsey and Katie) in my kitchen floor, as fully grown persons, laughing so hard it hurt, hurting too bad to stop laughing, and unable to do a thing about it!! And then back a few years earlier, when you were still little girls, same kitchen floor, same laughter, tears streaming down our faces, holding ourselfves so we wouldn't pee our pants! And then I thought back many years earlier, of me and my mother and my sister, and oftentimes my grandma, in the kitchen floor (it was always in the kitchen that these occurences took place.....), laughing hysterically, unable to stop despite the physical pain in your back and your sides, gasping for air between peals of laughter, and lying exhausted afterwards with the warm glow that only follows a total release of every pent-up bit of stress!

This is apparently something that men are not able to fathom or understand, and thus they always stood by, looking on as if we were absolutely nuts, unable to appreciate the joy of the moment. So, Cody, join the ranks of the mystified men and just be thankful that you were there to witness that act of total abandment and lack of self control that this magical "kitchen floor laughter" brings to the women in this family!

I love you all - especially your laughter!
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment