MY DISHES WENT UNWASHED TODAY , I DIDN'T MAKE MY BED. . . IN TWENTY YEARS NO ONE ON EARTH WILL KNOW OR EVEN CARE . BUT THAT I'VE HELPED MY CHILDREN TO ADULTHOOD GROW , IN TWENTY YEARS THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD WILL LOOK AND SEE AND KNOW .

A Blog for Nonnie

From all of us,We love you!

Monday, October 26, 2009

OLDEST and YOUNGEST

Well, our oldest and youngest grandchildren just headed back to Texas - and I'm feeling a little sad, as I always do when any one of them leaves, or when I have to leave them. But we sure enjoyed the visit, and Milah (bless her heart!) just sent me the sweetest picture of Dessie, sound asleep, arms wrapped around Charli Jo's car seat, and Charli Jo's little fingers wrapped tightly around one of Dessie's fingers. I'm so happy, and thankful, that our little Dessie finally has learned what each of you have known all along - that "family" (particularly "siblings") has so very little to do with bloodlines - and so much to do with love! No more "half sister" - just "my baby sister" - love will do that to you!
I love you all! -- Nonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment